We found this awesome icecream recipe and had to share it with everyone. Let us know if you make it!
- 4 whole eggs (pastured of course)
- 4 yolks (in addition to the whole eggs above)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 gram vitamin C (ascorbic acid) or 10 drops apple cider vinegar or lime juice to taste.
- 100 grams (7 tbs) grass-fed butter
- 100 grams (7tbs) coconut oil
- 50 grams (3tbs + 2tsp) MCT oil (important for consistency)
- 80 grams (5.5tbs) xylitol or erythritol (or more to taste – you can add up to 160 grams if you want)
- ~100 grams water or ice (just under 1/2 cup; add less than you think you need, then increase the amount).
- (optional) 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- Blend everything but the water/ice in blender. It takes a while to get the butter blended into perfect creaminess.
- Add water or ice and blend some more until well blended. Ideally, you want a yogurt-like consistency for creamy ice cream, or add more water for a firmer, icier texture
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and turn it on.