Tempo Back Squats 5 x 5
3 seconds down
3 seconds in the hole
5 min ME Back Squat @ BW
rest 3 min
50x Sit Ups
Thai Chicken Pizza
Danielle Walker – AgainstAllGrain.com
PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 27 mins TOTAL TIME: 47 mins
- 1 recipe for grain-free crust (omit the herbs)
- 1 ½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- ¼ cup grass-fed cheese of choice (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
for the sauce
- ½ cup unsweetened almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar, or coconut crystals
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare the crust according in to the recipe, but omit the herbs. Bake for 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400°F. Whisk together the sauce ingredients then spread it all over the baked crust.
- Top with chicken, green onions, cashews, and cheese if using. Place the pizza directly on the rack and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese (if used) is melted.
- Allow the pizza to cool for 5 minutes then top with carrots, bean sprouts, and cilantro. Serve hot.
Note on chicken: I use leftover roasted or rotisserie chicken for ease. If you don’t have any, the quickest way to cook chicken for a salad is to poach it. Fill a small pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, then partially cover and simmer on low for 8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let the chicken sit in the hot water, covered, for another 15 minutes. Allow to cool, then shred. (1 pound raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts = about 2½ cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken)