- For the compote:
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- For the waffles:
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Turn on waffle iron, grease with coconut oil, and heat as instructed.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine blueberries, water, lemon juice, and sugar, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes, then removing from heat.
- While compote is cooking, combine all wet waffle ingredients in a food processor.
- Combine coconut flour and baking powder in a separate bowl, then add slowly to wet mixture until all ingredients are well combined and a batter has formed (You want the batter to be THICK. Since density of coconut flour can vary from brand to brand, add SLOWLY, increasing or decreasing amount as necessary).
- Scoop batter onto waffle iron and use as directed.
- Pour compote over waffles and serve with grass-fed butter, maple syrup, or other desired toppings!